It was February 2016 when we started booking suppliers for our wedding.
The first supplier we got was My Events Essentials for On The Day Coordination. We saw their works on Facebook and Instagram and we immediately arranged a meetup. Melissa is the head of the team, we met her, she was accommodating and easy to get along with. When we have some questions she delivered very well. She replies fast and during our meeting we were impressed.
After our initial meeting we paid immediately for our reservation and she sends us the files. We got almost 10 different documents to complete. All throughout our preparation, we can’t say anything to her. She’s very responsive and willing to help. She suggested some of our wedding suppliers.
Sometimes we will get confused and she will assure us some things need not to worry. We trusted their works.
Came our wedding day they arrived when HMUA, Photographers, and Videographers were already there. We didn’t have proper turnover with all the checklist we have. We placed all our items in two boxes. We have AM (materials for the church) and PM (materials for reception) checklist.
We ended our wedding day so grateful and blessed. Melissa congratulates us and she told us it was a beautiful wedding. We were thankful for their service but we weren’t as happy as we wanted to be hiring them as our OTD. We had some glitches that we regret was the time. We wish we have final meeting with them and us (couple) before start.
After our wedding, we saw from our photos that the props we have prepared for Photobooth was placed in the Reception Area. Smarties chocolates we bought for the flower girls and bearers were still in the bag, these items should be given before the start of our ceremony for the kids. Pica-pica chips naiuwi din namin because KbyCunanan didn’t allowed it. We don’t know why they didn’t help us check with the AE if it’s okay to bring or not. They asked us to buy it.
- Missed Out USB – After our wedding ceremony, EJ whispered that the USB for the reception was in still in his bag in the hotel. Luckily, he remembers, but instead of us enjoying photos with our photographers this stressed us out to figure out solution. No one took the two USB’s from EJ. No one in MEE team reminds as well. We asked how did they go to the reception without the USB for our music and our AVP. We didn’t put it inside the box with other for reception materials because it’s small.
- Surprised VOW – Our church don’t allow personal vows. Coordinators did not remind or let us know beforehand that we will have a vow right after our wedding ceremony. We were surprised. We didn’t request this. We thought we will recording a vow on the reception na. Luckily, EJ saves notes on his phone. I’m lost.
- Guest List – We send them final guest list day before our wedding. Our family told us that some of our guests don’t have their names on the guest list. We were sure we added them. They didn’t send their final copy ready for printing for us to review. We don’t know if the list they have were updated.
- Progam arrangement – They have their own program arrangement to follow, we handed over everything to MEE and trust that they will liased with our emcee.
- Photobooth – Above all, Photobooth is what we regret the most. Our friend messaged us, “Ang ganda ng photobooth, sayang, hindi ako nakapagpicture, hindi ako makamoveon, hindi namin alam“. Yes, most of our families and friends were unable to enjoy the Photobooth, they don’t have the souvenirs, they don’t know. When we asked some our guest they didn’t see it. We don’t know how come, maybe nobody heard it. The photobooth was placed outside.
Funblast Photobooth uploaded their shots on their Facebook account and gave us the CD for the copy. Oh, ang ganda ng magnet photobooth. I love the design and it’s simplicity. Nanghihinayang lang kami, wala sila Mama, Ninong/Ninang, Lolo/Lola, etc. and that they don’t know but I’m still thankful kahit paano may nakapagpapicture pa. We told to MEE that magnet Photobooth was our souvenirs for the guest. They told us it was announced by our emcee, maybe nobody heard it. We don’t know why they didn’t help us to make sure that everyone knew or have it na especially before our wedding program starts. We are willing to extend the Photobooth time service if only we knew.
Overall, we gave them 3/5 for their hard work and presence during our wedding.
They have beautiful set-up for registration area and they helped us with our wedding sash, we don’t want to do the money dance but were thankful they pushed us, that was a very nice memorable experience. We appreciate their service and we understand not every detail about the wedding will be perfect.
EJ and I got married.
Everything else was a bonus.
We hope that by sharing our experience this will be a lesson for future brides to be really OC and organized, asked for a final meeting or proper turnover before wedding start. Share and leave everything with your Coordinators. And that, those glitches that happened to us won’t happen to their future clients. We still recommends them and we wish them all the best.
Review for My Events Essentials
OTD Coordination rating 3/5